Storybook Favorites

One of my favorite past storybooks was titled Why We Hate Humans. The title grabbed my attention before I even began reading the introduction. The introduction was written from a dwarf's point of view and discussed the rocky relationship between the Fey and humans. Ethnography and the creatures discussed were very unfamiliar to me but the inclusion of a glossary at the end of the discussion helped me understand more about the topic. I liked the interactive element of the survey inviting Fey to share their experiences with the humans and the podcast. Though I did not really find the subject personally interesting, the layout of the storybook was by far the most interesting to me.

Another storybook I enjoyed was the Real Housewives of Greek Mythology. I have always found Greek Mythology interesting and thought the title and introduction did a good job of highlighting the women of Greek Mythology in a unique way by connecting it to today's pop culture. The introduction did a nice job of introducing each of the goddess' and provoking interest in each of their stories by comparing them to the drama of a reality TV show. The stories were organized as episodes that were told using a script format. The script typeface and format fit the theme of the storybook and was a creative way to tell stories from Greek mythology

(Leto with Artemis and Apollo- Wikimedia Commons)

The last of my favorite past storybooks was called The Un-Told Stories of SpongeBob. The introduction was constructed as a diary entry by SpongeBob SquarePants addressed to the citizens of Bikini Bottom. The idea of taking a character like Spongebob and creating new stories from his perspective is very interesting and made the storybook intriguing. The storybook did a good job of incorporating familiar images and clips from the TV show SpongeBob SquarePants which made the storybook look fun and worth reading.   

Comments

Popular Posts