Week 2 Reading Overview


Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Bible Women

Week 4: Infancy Gospels

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Arabian Nights

Week 6: Ancient Egypt

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Nigeria

Week 9: The Monkey King

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Tejas

Week 11: Apache

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: Celtic Tales 

Week 13: Alice in Wonderland

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Lang I

Week 15: Inferno
Aladdin and the Flying Carpet (Image from Wikimedia Commons)


I am very excited to start reading!  I am particularly looking forward to the Arabian Nights unit and reading the Aladdin story. I chose a lot of units with stories that I have heard about or stories that are familiar to me but that I've never read before. I'm interested in seeing how these older stories connect to the stories that are found in our entertainment and culture now.

Comments

  1. Oh, this is super, Hannah! You are the first person to complete this assignment for the semester, and I am glad it made sense. The 1001 Nights / Aladdin tradition is a fantastic topic to pursue in this class, so keep that in mind when you are brainstorming Storybook topics later this week. There is also an AMAZING tradition of illustrations for the whole Arabian Nights tradition. If that is something you are interested in, let me know when you do the Storybook brainstorm for Week 2, and I can supply lots of links to online resources. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts