Famous Last Words: It's the End of Myth & Folklore As I Know It

Finishing up the semester, I'm really excited to wrap things-up. It's been a really great semester and a great final week of this class. I am so proud of my project after putting on the finishing touches this week. Having to go back through each page has really reminded me of just how much work I've put into it. I am very pleased with how my final story in my project turned out and I think it is my best piece of hate mail yet. I also really enjoyed writing advice for students next semester. This class has been a lot of fun and I am excited for students who will get to enjoy it next semester. I'm also excited to be in Indian Epics next semester

I also finished a lot of work for my other classes this week that I really enjoyed. On Monday I had to give a presentation about a book I was assigned in my Evolution to Martyrdom class. I read Rachel's Tears by Beth Nimmo and Darrel Scott which is a book about Columbine martyr Rachel Scott. It was a very emotional read but it was really interesting to see how Rachel's parents think she knew about her death and how she hoped to impact others. It was also interesting to see how media coverage developed and impacted what we know about the tragic shooting and I enjoyed teaching others about it. Now I get to write a lovely book report about it sometime before finals week. 

A drawing of Rachel's from the day of the shooting. 13 tears correspond to the 13 victims

Next week I am looking forward to going home to Houston for Thanksgiving. I miss my family and I am ready to spend time with them. It would also be great if I could write at least 1 of 4 papers that I need to write before finals week but I really am looking forward to taking a break before the final two weeks of the semester so whatever I have done before Wednesday is all I'm getting done next week.




Comments

Popular Posts