Reading Notes: Nursery Rhymes Part A

My favorite of the Nursery Rhymes are the games, especially the ones that seem like a way for one person to mess with other. I particularly liked the one where one person would say they are a type of "lock" and the second person would say they are that type of "key" so they ended up calling themselves a monkey.

I also really like the riddles even though most of them were really difficult. I tried to solve them myself but most of them accept for a few stumped me. I really like how the riddle song included the answer in the song and so it was incorporated into the rhyme scheme unlike the rest of the riddles.



Notable character's who could use a backstory:


  • The bird who stole the pipe of the fat man in Bombay
  • Little Tommy Tittle mouse who fishes in other men's ditches.
  • Old Abram Brown who wore a button-down brown coat but is now dead and gone
  • The Robin who must hide under his wing in a barn when the snow comes.



Abram Brown (Untextbook)


The Nursery Rhymes unit. Story source: The Nursery Rhyme Book edited by Andrew Lang and illustrated by L. Leslie Brooke (1897).

Comments

Popular Posts