Tech Tip: Chrome Art

I went to the Fred Jones Art Museum with one of my classes this week which is what drew me to giving this tech tip a try. I'm not usually too big a fan of art but I really enjoy learning about the history of pieces of art. I enjoyed getting to learn about what inspired artists to create certain pieces this week at the museum. I feel like knowing the story of an image makes it a lot more interesting.

In that spirit, I tried to learn a bit more about the piece of art that popped up when I opened a new tab to test the extension. I didn't learn much I found that interesting but the artist Ralph Balson was an Australian artist in the mid 1900's and his art became increasingly abstract as his career went on.

Ralph Balson's Construction in Green (Art Gallery NSW)

I don't know how useful the extension really is but I kind of like the idea of having a new image when I open a new tab every day. It's just a small way to make internet use just a little more exciting.

Comments

  1. Hi Hannah! Thanks for sharing this tip. I think it's really cool that you were able to visit the Fred Jones Art Museum with your class this week. I am not huge into art, but I think it is extremely unique that OU has this right on campus! I agree with you that knowing the background information behind an art piece makes it that much more interesting. I might have to check out this extension. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts