Wikipedia Trail: Snipe to RuPaul






I started on the Snipe Wikipedia page to gather information for my story based on a nursery rhyme this week. I actually incorporated a lot of what I learned into the plot of my story which you can click here to read. The article mentioned the phrase "going on a snipe hunt" which apparently is related to summer camps and Boy Scouts.


I clicked on Summer Camps from the Snipe page because I have worked at a summer camp for many years now and thought it would be fun to read about. The article talked about a number of types of camps from outdoorsy sleep away to camps to LGBT camps.

Lake Activity at YMCA summer camp (Wikimedia Commons)
Reading about the LGBT camps, I clicked on drag queens because apparently a popular activity at LGBT camp is to get make up lessons from drag queens. I admit I clicked on this because I knew this would lead me to RuPaul.

RuPaul in drag (Wikimedia Commons)

I'm a big fan of reality TV competition shows so I find RuPaul's Drag Race to be really interesting.He also hosted another show I really like called Skin Wars; Fresh Paint so needless to say I wanted to read about RuPaul.
RuPaul not in drag (Wikimedia Commons)

Comments

Popular Posts